Dear Friends of Fems for Change,
What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving holiday? I know that I am thankful to have friends like you to help us fight for change. Just a few months ago, we met many amazing women while we produced our series of videos to educate the public about the ACA. I will never forget the moment when Lauren, a smiling, defiant young woman recovering from brain tumor surgery, took off the wrap around her head to show her scalp covered with magnets. These are the individuals that Fems for Change is fighting for.
Tuesday, November 28th is Giving Tuesday, and I am asking you personally to help support our organization with a donation. Why us? Because we get things done, in fact, check out our top accomplishments of 2017:
- Held Gerrymandering event with representative Jerry Moss
- Put on a series of 5 government refresher classes
- Organized a talk at the University of Michigan’s School of Public Health on healthcare
- Hosted a series of educational events on understanding Islamic Faith
- Sponsored two postcard writing parties that resulted in 1,500+ postcards being sent to targeted members of the Senate
- Organized members to participate in numerous unity events, including the Women’s March, the Science March, Rally for Change, and NAACP Dinner
Because of our attitude towards action, we have now grown to more than 1,200 members. We are all volunteers and self-funded. We are a true scrappy, grassroots group of women turned activists, and we need your support to continue to grow and increase our impact in 2018.
Would you please consider donating just $5 towards fighting for change in 2018? Click here to donate.
Lori and MJ
FFC Founder and Communication Team Member